PC Startup Master Free is an open source software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
PC Startup Master Pro is released under the terms of EULA (End User License Agreement)
- Microsoft Windows 10 Technical Preview
- Microsoft Windows 8/8.1
- Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Windows Vista with Service Pack 2
- Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (Not supported in PC Startup Master Pro)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2
(Microsoft .NET 4 Client Profile
on Windows XP)
PC Startup Master Free does not support Windows 64-bit. To use PC Startup Master on Windows 64-bit, you should upgrade to PC Startup Master Pro
- 512 MB of RAM.
- 1 GHz or faster processor.
- 10 MB of free disk space.
What are the differences between the Pro and Free editions?
PC Startup Master is released in two editions Pro Edition and a FREE open source one, the professional edition has all features of the Free one plus Startup Guard
, a security addon that monitors and protects Windows startup settings from being modified by malware and unsafe applications.
PC Startup Master Pro
also offers advanced options to manage delayed startup items, Windows 64-bit support, automatic high priority updates and premium technical support.
Where can I get PC Startup Master source code?
PC Startup Master Free edition is an open source software released under the terms of the GNU General Public License v3, you can download the source code of the latest version of PC Startup Master from CodePlex
Does PC Startup Master work on Microsoft Windows 64-bit?
Due to technical limitations, PC Startup Master Free does not work on Windows 64-bit, however if you want to use PC Startup Master on Windows 64-bit, consider upgrading to PC Startup Master Pro
PC Startup Master v3.0.237:
- Improved startup items search.
- Improved the detection of startup items targets.
- Minor GUI enhancements.
- Fixed several bugs in Startup Guard.
- Fixed minor bugs.
PC Startup Master v3.0.235:
- Major performance improvements.
- Major GUI enhancements with high DPI support.
- Added the ability to manage and optimize Windows services.
- Added the ability to manage and optimize Windows scheduled tasks.
- Added startup items search functionality.
- Added Feedback module to send user feedback and error reports.
- Added startup items highlighting functionality.
- Added the ability to check for updates on each startup.
- Added the ability to customize startup columns.
- Added the ability to get the running status of startup items.
- Added the functionality of saving startup items.
- Added the ability to undo the deletion of startup items in Startup Guard.
- Improved startup items sorting functions.
- Improved startup items listing by organizing them into groups.
- Improved the online search for startup items information.
- Improved startup items exporting functionality.
- Improved Startup Delayer to allow advanced customization of delayed startup items.